Founded in 1923, Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the large city of Kharkov (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Kharkiv Oblast. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (KhMAPE) is a coeducational higher education institution. Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education (KhMAPE) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees in several areas of study. KhMAPE also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
These university offers post graduate studies in all medical fields. The study is 2-3 years.
The faculty of postgraduate education offers the study in 50 medical specialties at internship, mastership and clinical internship. At the department of Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU), along with the traditional ways of teaching, there is also a module study and a throughout program of students’ practice. Constantly developing base of computerized equipment gives the possibility to use modern PC know-how and world informative networks in the process of study.
Postgraduates at KNMU are taught in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages according to the programs and curricula approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. The institution takes into consideration and peculiarities of public health services of the state trainees come from.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology № 1
- Pediatric Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Pediatric tuberculosis and pulmonology
- Endocrinology and Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pathological anatomy
- Pediatric Gastroenterology and nutritsiolohiyi
- Perinatology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Adolescent Medicine
- Beam diagnostics
- Ultrasound diagnosis
- Cardiology and Functional Diagnostics
- For Addiction
- Traditional and alternative medicine
- Neurology and child neurology
- Sexology and Medical Psychology
- Therapy, Rheumatology and Clinical Pharmacology
- Physiotherapy, Balneology and regenerative medicine
- Physical therapy, sports medicine and rehabilitation
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- General surgery, endoscopy and Topographic Anatomy
- Combustiology, Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery
- Oncological Gynecology
- Oncological Surgery
- Prosthetic dentistry and orthodontics adults
- Otolaryngology and Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Dentistry and dental therapy
- Surgical Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and stomatolohiyi
- Forensic examination
- Thoraco-abdominal surgery
- Surgery of the heart, great vessels and Pediatric Surgery
- Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Orthodontics Paediatric Dentistry and Implantology
- Anastegiology, Intensive Care, Transfusion and Hematology
GENERAL PRACTICE – FAMILY MEDICINE
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology № 2
- General Practice – Family Medicine
- Medicine of Emergency Conditions and emergency medicine
- Genetics and Fetal Medicine
- Management and Economics in family medicine
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Oncology and Pediatric Oncology
- Clinic of Pediatrics
- Social medicine, business and health care
- Therapy and Nephrology
- Traumatology, anesthesiology and vertebrology
- Tuberculosis and pulmonology
- Surgery and Proctology
- Laboratory medicine Families
- Occupational Health and occupational pathology
- Disinfectology and prevention of influ
- Epidemiology and HIV / AIDS
- General and Communal Hygiene
- Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Clinical Laboratory
- Clinical biochemistry, forensic toxicology and pharmacy
- Clinical Informatics and Information Technology in Healthcare Management
- Clinical Immunology and Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology and Tropical Diseases
The main objective of the postgraduate training is to allow the students of medical institution to continue their education and general practitioners to improve their skills for further certification and faculty is directed at the training and improvement of qualification and skills of specialists to master not only up-to date medical information but new modern technologies of today and tomorrow.
The Medical faculty of Kharkiv National Medical University, together with its teaching hospitals and other health organizations in Ukraine and abroad, will provide the necessary physical and human resources to create a scholarly environment appropriate for the training of medical graduates so that they acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become accomplished physicians and surgeons with the highest moral and ethical standards.
The individual form of training is based on qualification characteristics, professional and position requirements, principles of realized perspective and doctor’s pretensions. Detailed theoretical training is combined with learning practical skills, operative technique and typical and complex operations.
To maintain its international role, the Medical faculty of Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) intends by means of contractual arrangements with foreign countries, universities, and hospitals to train residents from other countries in its postgraduate training programs who will return to their home country upon completion of their training.
Accommodation for the foreign students is provided by student hostels rated at 2,422 lodgers. In order to live at a hostel, the students must conclude a proper contract. This accommodation is available for the whole period of training. Hostel fees depend upon the size and comfort of the dwelling space.
The University Scientific-Practical Medical Centre provides medical care of students. The students regularly undergo prophylactic medical and photofluorographic examinations.
The students have meals at 2 canteens for 160 clients and 6 refreshment bars for 80 clients.
The students are provided with facilities for going in for sports. The University has 3 gymnasia (for games, gymnastics and heavy athletics).